Monday 23 April 2012

Counting down!

Its Monday, and I am in a great mood! I have so many things to look forward to in the next week - I am counting down!! (And blogging, to remind myself that Monday isn't all that bad!)

In TWO sleeps its book club!! Despite us all buying on Kindle and ipads, this book club is very special. We have known each other for 4 years now (all of our kids are at school together), and we just click. There is always dinner and wine and books, but more importantly, connecting, bonding, sharing, absolute hilarity, and tears. Its obligatory. Our once-a-month blow off steam where there is no judgement. These girls have become incredibly important to me, and I honestly can't imagine my life without them.  

 In FOUR sleeps, I am having breakfast with my oldest BFF, husbands, kids - the whole lot! Jen and I have been friends since we were 12 - which was a L O N G time ago. We have been through all of our major firsts together: First Boyfriends (we shared them when we were 13!), first kisses, sleep overs that lasted days, exams, disco's, school camps, high school angst, dances, clubbing (from the std 5 school disco, to Raywood, from Sandpebbles to 330) break-ups and make-ups, weddings, husbands, careers and kids, shared secrets and shared lives. My family was hers, and hers was mine. No matter how far apart we live, and how much time passes between conversations, she will always be my true BEST friend. And on Friday she will be here from JHB, and we get to spend the morning together. I can't wait!!


In FOUR sleeps (yes, on Friday again), we leave to spend 5 days with our special friends, the Osborns at Castleburn, in the 'Berg. Much needed quality family time, long walks around the dam, wine, cheeses, chocolate, lazy mornings and long afternoons. There is no better place to be to unwind and relax.

It has been a very stressful year so far, and I know all of us are looking forward to reconnecting and just being. 

In EIGHT sleeps I am meeting up with old school friends - from London, JHB and from around town. Thanks to Facebook we have all kept up and kept in contact, but it has probably been  20 years since we all saw each other. I am nervous, excited, proud to talk about my life, my family, my career. But really, I am just looking forward to seeing everyone again and proving that despite the time that has passed, we are still the same people we were 20 years ago - just with a few more lines and a whole lot more life experience!

I know its not good to wish time away, but I am counting down none the less. I'm Just Saying...